Sunday 19 February 2012

The First Encounter

I have not always been bound to a wheelchair, I wasn't born with a disease that rendered my legs unable to walk, instead I'm the cause of my own handicap, and rightfully so.

Why there were so many memories hidden away in my mind I don't know; there are many things I don't know and things I can only speculate about, only at rare occasions can I give straight answers. Alice must have played a part in unearthing these mnemosynes, though exactly what it was that triggered their re-appearance I cannot pinpoint, they just came to me slowly one day after I had seen her. Gradually they appeared until everything seemed so obvious.

It happened about thirteen years ago towards the end of December. I was young back then, too young to drive on my own, but I was under the influence of alcohol. Without going into details as to why, I drove through the forest and as my vision was blurry I couldn't see the little girl in front of me, but although my senses were distorted I was able to hear a shrill scream and the most god-awful, high-pitched noise I had ever heard, only to have my field of vision bombarded by shadowy illusions moving to and fro across the road and amongst the trees; and, of course, Him. It was a brief encounter. I went unconscious and when I woke up I was lying in a hospital, covered with scratches and bruises, barely able to move a single muscle. Soon I was informed that I would be unable to ever walk again.

Despite having been intoxicated the night before I remembered the little girl, but since I was unsure whether she had been a spectre or not I asked one of the nurses if they had seen her. The lady answered yes, there had been a little girl named Alice lying on the snow beside the road, sleeping soundly like an angel.

The accident and the presence of the girl have always remained clear in my memory, but the visions I had that night and the girl's name eluded me completely until just recently. I don't know whether this is because of any injuries I sustained from the accident, or if it's because of the shock... or simply because my brain decided that it was unnecessary to keep these things in mind. What is more curious, though, is why this happened. Why did the Slender Man appear and seemingly save Alice, while hurting me so? Ever since this first encounter he hasn't showed himself until just now - not that I'm aware of - quite a while after I had become friends with Alice. Did he suddenly think it necessary to give me a warning by simply appearing in front of me? I have yet to be hurt nor have I received any other threats, and it seems like he is not one that is above attacking or torturing people whether it be physically or mentally. Perhaps I shouldn't say too much, as I can still be the next victim in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment